Thread: Groupon clone

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Groupon clone

does any one know what is the best groupon clone scripts out there? im lokkin ginto getting one to start my business.
    thx
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't understand the people who want to create a clone of an existing business and expect to succeed. Why not simply use groupon? What makes you think you can create a sub-par clone of groupon and somehow manage to steal groupon's business? They have a head start, they have more money, and they have an actual development team.

What are you trying to actually do? What would you do once you had a piece of code that would produce some semblance of a groupon style site? Do you have a team of salespeople and developers ready?

Comments on this post

• ptr2void agrees
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

im lokkin ginto getting one to start my...
    Maybe they will be successful because of their literature talent and attention to detail.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

@ManiacDan:

I don't think what you say is universally true. I say this because, groupon is strong only in United States. But in many parts of the world, there are huge opportunities on the daily deal space. If you have a good team of peoples for marketing and a good technical team for managing your website, you can really rock on this business.

@Ronchu
    You can consider "Magento eCommerce" for building a daily deal / groupon clone websites. Its a very powerful platform to do so.
  9. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you have a good team of peoples for marketing and a good technical team for managing your website, you can really rock on this business.
    That's why I asked if you had such a thing. If you do, unfortunately I believe that the site is still not pre-written. However, the beauty of those sites is their simplicity. I'd be able to write 50 copies of groupon in the time it would take me to write a small social network.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo