1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

html->pdf conversion

hey there!

does anybody know a good tool to convert complete html pages to a pdf document?

i DO know there are solutions like pdflib or ezpdf, id DO ALSO know htmldoc, but that one seems to be to new an incomplete to translate complete html pages incl. styles and the most possible tag attributes.

that meeans: i need a tool to pass an url or local file to and get back a completely assembled pdf document.

dont't care whether it is php based. any suggestion is highly appreciated

thanks a bunch in advance!
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved to Scripts

How is your HTML document formed?

One thought would be to have all of your data in XML, then use XSLT to transform your XML into XHTML, use XSL:FO to transform the XML into PDF... but, it depends on where the HTML is originating from (database, flat file, etc) and if its possible to re-develop that part of your app.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

right now, im getting a complete html page via its url. this could also be an foreign external document. i could also parse the content an grab all images to local filesystem id necessary. but how to make sure that the pdf doc os optically identical to the rendered html page?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo