1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Single Item Auction

I'm looking for a script that will allow a single item to be auctioned, bidder registration can either be required or not (will eventually use facebook login) The host is PHP/MySQL but flatfile works too.

I have searched and went through many auction scripts but all seemed to be geared toward multi-item sites. I can write my own but figure there should be something readily available to save some time.

Looking for a bit more information than (other thread I can't post URL to because I'm a new user but is the first result when searching for "single item auction") lol

BTW, hi I'm new here. / After looking at some of the "recent" posts, I see that there are a lot of necro posts popping up. I hope I don't have to follow this thread for 7 years to get all the answers lol
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know of any scripts that fit what you need, but it seems like you could pretty easily take a multi-item auction script and modify it or even just configure it to work as a single item auction script. You might just be able to disable the creation of new auction items for every account except your own.

When people write scripts for others they generally try to target the largest possible market. Producing a multi-item auction script is only marginally more difficult than producing a single-item auction script, but a multi-item script has a much much larger audience; thus I would be surprised if you find anything pre-built that fits your needs.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thanks, that pretty much goes with what I've been seeing. I tried webauction but had too many features to strip. Ended up finding everyauction and it seems like it will be easy enough to strip the code down to just do one auction at a time and write a little php to call it properly in an iframe. Still faster than starting from scratch.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo