1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

VBulletin Problem

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll give it a go.

Google, and VB support have been zero help at all. I'm using version 3.8.0 Beta 4, upon EVERY login for everyone, using any browser on any OS, This comes up:

Code:
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    I've done everything everyone has said, optimize the database, all the maintainence stuff, remove all of the addons/products, everything. I have no clue what's causing this!
  3. Contributing User

Well looks like the issue is with the database, I removed every product, addon and also re-uploaded the vbulletin content. I have no idea how to fix this but it's annoying, no one can even get to usercp...
  5. No Profile Picture

vbulletin security token errors

Although it is possible that one of your hacks is OLD and needs to be updated, the security token error is almost ALWAYS a pre 3.7.x template that has a form without the correct security token codes, more than likely your custom style. You can find the solution to this problem on several vbulletin support sites including mine.

Hope this helps.
  7. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It is probably because your using a beta product so it is still a little buggy. Switch over to the latest approved release of vBulletin.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  9. No Profile Picture

"It is probably because your using a beta product so it is still a little buggy. Switch over to the latest approved release of vBulletin."

Has NOTHING to do with the release of vBulletin. He is already running a release that has the security codes added to it. The error is from running legacy MODs or Styles using templates that predate the vbulletin release is running. If you knew anything about vbulletin, you would know that fact.

Comments on this post

• Skipt disagrees : wheee
  11. No Profile Picture

did you try the stable release?
  13. No Profile Picture

The Terminator 4 Salvation 2009

The Terminator franchise is what got me interested in the movies in the first place. The first was a suspenseful cyberpunk thriller, and the second became my favorite movie of all time. The third fell short of intelligence but still solid nonetheless, and the TV series was a good addition to the franchise. Nearing the end of May, the fourth and latest film addition of the beloved sci-fi franchise will open, and viewers are in for a sheer summer spectacle.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo