1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Based File Manager

Hello all, I'm looking for a good web based file manager to integrate into my own custom cms for an intranet. It has to be super simple and easy to use.

So far my favorite is Extplorer .

The only problem with that is that it seems to be able to be used as a standalone file, or integrated into Joomla or Drupal. I have configured it so far by hiding all of the buttons that I don't want shown, and greatly simplified everything.

Only thing I really need now is to pass what folder I want it to show dynamically. I can only currently get it to show as an iframe, because if I try to include it or anything of that nature, I get errors. I have posted on their website to see if there is a way, but no replies since last week.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Just checking in... did you get this sorted out? What file manager script did you end up using?
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Actually yes, I did end up using Extplorer, but I heavily modified it to make it simpler for the non techy people that use it at my organization.

It has been working fairly well for a few months now.
  7. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Right on - glad you got this sorted.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo