1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question need help with logcnt script

I am currently trying to use this script .

The help file is very long and does not provide essential info in my opinion. Nevertheless I managed to get it running, but I still have problems with it. If somebody can answer a few questions I would be very grateful.

thx
  3. No Profile Picture
    Got source?
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

"If somebody can answer a few questions I would be very grateful."

If somebody could post a few questions, then somebody might answer a few questions.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Talking

I wanted to check first if anyone is using that script before posting a long an boring post.

So here is my story:

figured out what to do
    edited and uploaded
    run webmstr.htm
    logged in
    loglook worked, I could successfully use imagecounters
    I just can't seem to be able to use ssi counter, and YES ssi does work, a simple function to get the date works. when implementing a ssi counter I get this output: GIF89a!,D;
    I can't remember the ssi call because I removed it in my frustration but it was correct as I copied the one given as an example by the admin util. I mean from the page where you get the code ready for copy and paste for different usage like page counter invisible, visible, with or withou clock, etc.

what is the difference between page count with count display and site count with counter display??? sounds like a counetr for a specific page and a global counter but all my test ended in any counter displaying the global count and I did not find any page specific count in any logfile...

If you got that script working I could put all needed files up again and give you a link to see what happens. Basically I gave up becaus I couldn't even get my ssi output right with that script although the script looked very promising.

I switched now to another counetr which I tweaked a little bit so it shows something like: this site: xx views, all pages xxx views. its just a .cgi being called and has no other logging abbilities but for the time being its ok....

so lets see if somebody can help me..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I just found a perfect replacement for logcnt at this url it is called countssi and it does almost exactly the same as logcount.

mttatkns thx for your offer to help

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo