1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

designing an interface

Hi,
    i am in desperate need of help in doing the following:
    i am creating an interface that consists of a set of images/icons on a page say three images are present.
    once the first image/icon is clicked a file open dialog box appears. this dialog box should contain a list of maps. the user is allowed to choose one of the maps and the map he chooses is immediately displayed on the page besides these interface.
    on clicking the second image/icon, the user is to select a text file containing data on the map he has chosen.
    using the third icon/image, the user can specify the various visualization options he wishes.
    i am trying to find out a free GUI toolkit to design the above said application, but in vain.
    can any of use help me on how to proceed.
    (actually this interface is to be a front-end for a GIS application theat is to be developed)
    thanks in advance
  3. Introspective
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

this doesn't have much to do with 'scripts' - you need to write a small application by the sounds of it. What platform are you developing for? Where are the maps going to come from? Is this all going to be installed off a CD? Do you have any idea about the technologies you're going to work with? You definitely need to provide more info, and then put your requests into the right forum, depending on your requirements.

christo
    This is me: http://chris.uk.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo