1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Need suggestions on finding a script...

Hello,

I am planning on designing a website that allows users to review some products/services. They will be given a survey on various aspects of the service as well as an opportunity to submit comments about the service. It would be something similar to the system found at www.reviewcast.com. However, their system isn't free so I was wondering if:

A) does anyone know of a GPL/freeware solution that we can customize/build on
    B) how complicated is this? we were originally planning building our own system and it doesn't seem too complicated, just three tables for users, products, and reviews...the actual code behind it doesn't seem overly complicated either. We would be integrating it into a larger site anyway so maybe a custom system would work better.

Thanks,
    Osman
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved to Scripts
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks...to bad I can't change the title to be a little more descriptive.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Got source?
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mttatkns
    Thanks, but those aren't really what we are looking for. Reviewcast seems to be the only software which has the functionality we need (categories, multiple ratings, different ratings for each category) so I think we are just going to buy that and customize it since we can't find anything else.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo