1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

vbulletin log-in block

First of all, i know this is more of a vbulletin question. But if there is anybody out there who has some experience with vbulletin, it's not a hard thing to do I'm guessing.

How do you put a vbulletin log-in block on a regular non vbulletin page?

I tried searching the forums came up with nothing.

thanks!
    -Sotonin
  3. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Copy the log in form HTML (<form ...>...</form>) and paste it where you'd like.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

the only thing that i'm not sure about is this line.

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="s" value="7cf916ec21d0cb13871c6a31ad33f9a9">
    what purpose is this line and do i need it? it seems like the value may be something derived on the fly from my session id?

and of course i would somehow need to run the basic (is user logged in) check to determine whether or not to display the login at all. i'm not familiar with this with vbulletin, do you perhaps know this code?

thanks
    Last edited by Sotonin; March 7th, 2004 at 01:51 AM.
    -Sotonin
  7. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It definately looks like some kind of identifier. You might want to look at the values of the cookies set by the board and see if it corresponds to any of those. You could then have a better idea of what it is based on the cookie's name.

Look into the cookie values again to determine if the user is logged in or not. I'm not entirely sure how vBulletin does their user authentication.

Leave the "s" field blank and start trying a few things. That's what I would do first.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo