1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for an MP3 player script.

Hi there, i wonder if anybody can help me. I am looking for an MP3 player script that will retain it's state sitewide, between pageviews... I was thinking that i could have one page and use javascript to display the content - thus not interrupting the media player. But i would prefer a script that will retain it's state as it's not a big part of the site and it seems sill to build the site around it.. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction??
    Thanks.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You either need to convert your entire site to AJAX, or load your media player in a pop-up window.

-Dan

Comments on this post

• eddie21leeds agrees : Thanks :D
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    You either need to convert your entire site to AJAX, or load your media player in a pop-up window.

-Dan
    Pop up window it is then!! what about flash?? i have seen one here that seems to retain it's state... : andyfarley.com or link to flash file.. this uses flash but i don't know the first thing. As far as i can tell it keeps playing throughout page changes etc. Like i said i dont know the first thing. I am assuming that this is a custom job. What do you think?
    Thanks for replying!
  7. Autodidact
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You can also use frames.

Edit: andyfarley uses frames.
    Edit2: techno at 5am

Comments on this post

• eddie21leeds agrees : :D thanks!
    Last edited by f_nietzsche; December 18th, 2009 at 04:14 AM.
    Soldiers, from the height of these pyramids forty centuries look down upon you.
    ▪ Napoleon, on the eve of the Battle of the Pyramids
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks... i was wondering if it used frames.
  11. Sarcky

Frames are generally considered bad form. They break the site's flow, stop it from being bookmarked, and can lead to people accidentally viewing someone else's page with your headers and media player. AJAX or a popup window is the "correct" solution. Last.fm uses a popup window.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks... i think im gonna go with a pop up window.
  15. Autodidact
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Frames are generally considered bad form. They break the site's flow, stop it from being bookmarked, and can lead to people accidentally viewing someone else's page with your headers and media player. AJAX or a popup window is the "correct" solution. Last.fm uses a popup window.
    I totally agree with your conclusion, but it's not necessarily plagued by these issues, and Ajax is not necessarily devoid of them.
    Soldiers, from the height of these pyramids forty centuries look down upon you.
    ▪ Napoleon, on the eve of the Battle of the Pyramids
  17. Moderator Emeritus

Moved to Scripts.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo