1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PDF to web form - is it possible?

There are PDF templates, into which data is entered manually. The same data needs to be submitted a second time via a web form to a bank's website (which I don't control). The objective is to eliminate the need to enter the same data twice, and to mitigate the possibility of a human error.

1) I know that it's possible to extract text data from a PDF document. Is there a script that is available, so that I don't need to reinvent the wheel?

2) Is it at all possible to have a script submit data using web forms that I have no control over? This is something similar to spam bots that sign up and submit spam to blog comments, but I need this to be exact every time, as this is sensitive financial data. If it's possible, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

I don't believe you can take data from the pdf to go into the web form, i've seen it vice versa but not this way before as the pdf doesn't have the fields of the data but i may be wrong. I'd check the bank's terms and conditions because if they're using captcha forms then your screwed
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, obviously, no Captcha.

PDF does have fields. Just open a PDF document as text, and you will see.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo