1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Transfer website?

Hello,

I would like to transfer the script and database to someone else that I have running on my website. What is the best way to accomplish this task?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

This really dpeends on the hosting companies, and what control panel/s they are using.

I know that CPanel has a pretty easy site migration tool, but (if I remember rightly) you need administrator access for it to work correctly. I think that Plesk has something similar as well.

If the two control panels are not the same, then you will need to download all of the files on your current site using FTP (not through your browser), export or dump your database, then copy the files to your new hositng server, import the database, and set up the database conenction details.

A lot of good hosting companies off this as a service if you're not to sure of what you're doing. I will cost, but it normally doesn't cost to much. It'd be worth an email asking your new hosts if that's something that they can do for you.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi sk24iam.

The best way to accomplish this task would be to ask your new host to do that for you. There are many hosts that would be happy to do the transfer for you for free
    Also, it's better not to cancel your account with the old host until you transfer it to the new one and switch DNS (to avoid the downtime for your sites).

Please don't hesitate to ask the other script or hosting-related questions you may have
    2WDH.com: Professional cPanel Hosting since 2003
    Really helpful support. You're not a number to us! Programming, database and site development help.
    █ No overselling. SSD. RAID. Real 99.99%+ uptime. $2/mo+. Free 2-week trial: no obligation/credit card required.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo