1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using OpenOffice in a Browser

Not sure if this is the correct category to post this but I am looking for how to tutorials or guidance in how to use OpenOffice in a browser.

What I am trying to achieve is I have a LAMP server (with Centos) if it matters and I have a existing php/mysql based login system where staff can login to a secure page(s) on a website. Within one of these password protected pages I have a bunch of word documents that I would like to enable staff to be able to click on them and have the doc open in OpenOffice and be able to edit the file and then save it. Upon saving it it saves it to the server not to their local pc so others who are logged in can also access the file.

I have seen other websites offer this type of functionality (i.e., Teamlab.com) but can not figure out how it is done?
    thanks all
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This capability is not natively supported by OpenOffice or any browser. Teamlab does it using this browser plugin:
    http://www.ascensiosystem.com/plugin/
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo