July 10th, 2011, 06:21 AM
5 Ways to Increase Forum Activity
Many board owners do not know how to increase forum activity on their forums. They struggle to get their members to post and become active. The most frustrating part is that they see that a lot of members login everyday, yet hardly post. So what can be done to make your forum more active? Follow some of these great tips:
1) Create a contest – Competition can be very healthy for any forum as long as you do it correctly. Find a good contest that can “fit” your forum’s niche and style. For instance, a graphics forum can create graphics contests and a gaming forum can try and host some contests within some of the games they discuss. Finding a great contest that your forum loves can sometimes take a while, so don’t give up after one failed attempt. Ask your members what they’d like and create an enjoyable experience.
2) Use your forum’s mass email feature – One overlooked feature that comes ready with many forum hosts today is the mass email feature. Many forum hosts, both free and paid, come with some sort of mass email feature that allows you to email all or parts of your member base. Use this to your advantage, most users do not log onto a forum every single day, and most come and go as they see fit. Using your mass email feature, you can then notify your members of upcoming events and plans. Notification is key on the internet. With so many forums out there, make sure your members know you’re still there and active by notifying them on a regular basis.
3) Post, post, and keep posting – Many board owners are discouraged to post when no one else is posting. You need to realize that members post when they see something that interests them, if a topic does not interest them, then they will not post in it. Keep creating topics and keep your members interested in what you have to offer. It’s a simple concept: the more you post, the more potential you have that others will post. The worst thing you can do is just sit back and sulk at your inactive forum.
4) Advertise and Network your forum well – As a board owner, you are in charge of properly advertising and networking your forum. How do you expect others to find your forum if you do a lousy job of advertising it? This does not necessarily mean that you have to pay to advertise. Many forums, search engines, and directories allow you to “plug” your forum into their database. Plug your forum into as many places as possible because there is a lot more potential that new members will see it and join. Don’t just advertise on one place and expect a lot of activity to come from that one source. Luckily we have an article on advertising and networking your forum that you can check out here: How to Massively Advertise and Network Your Forum.
5) “Active Poster” groups – Rewarding your members for posting is a great way to motivate members. ForumBlogger has discussed one technique to implement this group for a new forum here: Technique for a Successful Forum, but that only works well for forums that have recently started. Forums that are more established should consider creating a group for active posters, but the trick is to not make the post count needed to reach this group high. Reward those members that post daily as well as the ones that post weekly. How do you accomplish this? Create a few tiers of these groups. Perhaps your first tier is reached when the member posts 50 posts, then the second when he reaches 300 posts. This allows you to reward all kinds of activity on your forum and feeling rewarded feels good wouldn’t you say?
July 12th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Well, thanks for the information. I too wanna be a regular user of forum, but it needs time...
July 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
you have lot of nice information..awsome tips
July 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM
This is such good information for forum activity. This information is helpful for people who are new in the forum activity.
July 28th, 2011, 04:17 AM
here you are giving other advice how to raise forum activity but unfortunately u dont know that you are copying others post from other forums and posting different forum
August 10th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Nice tips how many forums that we should be active?
August 12th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Nice information share by you, thanks
August 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
make it so that when some users reach some number of posts they can see a discount coupon code for your products
August 31st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Thank you for sharing this knowledgeable post. This is very helpful for newcomer.
September 5th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Well and smart idea to increase the traffic with unique for the forum participants.
September 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I think , all the advice are really informative and absolutely perfect.I will follow it surely...
September 17th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Great information. pls keep sharing this type of useful information with us.
September 17th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Wow! This is tremendous experience.I agree with the above information. Thanks for sharing this in the thread.
September 17th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Great Information. Thanks for sharing.
September 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
nice tips, thank you for sharing. will keep it in mind for my communities.