Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Backlinks number in Google Webmaster Tools

I have two websites. In Google Webmaster Tools > Links to Your Site, for the first site it shows a number of links that it is similar with the number of backlinks shown in Open Site Explorer.
    For the second site, in Google Webmaster Tools are only 17 links, and in Open Site Explorer I have 1055 links. Why such a difference for the second site? Google Webmaster Tools is wrong because I surely have more than 17 backlinks to my second site. What can I do?
  3. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

There is nothing like that back-links from Google Webmaster Tool and from Open Site Explorer must same. It can possible that they both have count same number of back-links for one of your website by coincidence. I never heard about that before that Google Webmaster Tool and from Open Site Explorer shows same number of back-links.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's actually very unusual for those two tools to show a similar number of links. As I understand it, Google never shows you more than a handful of the links it finds. Don't rely on it to show you all the links to your website, because it won't.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

Google webmaster tools usually shows only a subset of your back links. So open site explorer and webmaster back link counts are never the same.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't believe on some tools may not work properly, your analysis is a best tool that can boost your websites' growth.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by nsillk
    Google webmaster tools usually shows only a subset of your back links. So open site explorer and webmaster back link counts are never the same.
    Yup!! I completely agree with you...
  13. No Profile Picture

Checking your back link count with the Webmaster tools is not a fair option. As this might not give you the accurate links, instead it gives a few list.

If you have to check with the number of back links for your site, you can either opt for the third party tools say Opensite Explorer, Majestic SEO, etc, But if you find the variation, you can just login to your cPanel. This gives you a possible solution for your back link queries and doubts.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by nsillk
    You are correct.i agree.
  17. No Profile Picture

site explorer and webmaster tool are different. Both are work different ways and system. Google count your link 17 so they show that amount but yahoo Index 1055 links so show you that amount. Don't worry about this.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Both Open Site Explorer and Google Webmaster works in different way. There counting never be the same.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Usually any two tools backlinks may not be same,I dont think so these two tools will give accurate results.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google Webmaster Tool is more trustworthy than other tools.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Google webmaster calculate the backlinks as per the links which are being tends towards to your sites.But others sites or tools gives overall ,like if your site is linked with some other they consider those sites as backlinks as well.
  27. No Profile Picture

Analytics and Web master shows different data for the same site

My site intersmart.in getting two type of report in google analytics and web master tools. Same keyword clicks in google shows differently in both analytics and web master tools. Why it is so?
  29. No Profile Picture

I am extremely concerned about the number of backlinks showing in Google Webmaster Tool from a single website. My friend had added my blog under the right navigation of his blog (blogroll), our blogs are both very relevant to each other. However, the number of backlinks I am getting is more than 90k.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo