Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New content or update existing content for SEO

Hi everyone,

I know Google likes websites that have lots of new content on them, but I wanted to know if instead of adding new content/pages to my website, I could just update the existing content. The thing is, I don't want endless pages of contrived content just for the sake of keeping Google happy.

What do you think?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes you are correct you can just update the existing content. However, if your page isn't ranked well by Google for a long time then you look for new content rather updating the existing content.
    If your page is doing well you can update the content to latest and do small things to adopt the current Google algorithm changes.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

If the old web pages are outdated and if you think new content would improve it then you should update them. This is especially important if you are already getting some traffic to those pages.
    Freshness is important but it will only give a temporary boost in rankings. For example you might come to first page for a relatively competitive keyword, but you wont stay there unless you get links, social shares etc.
    So focus on putting out quality new content rather than many new content just to please Google.
  7. No Profile Picture

the google will crawl the page whenever the site get updated with some new information like features any other services
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DaveyMorgan
    Hi everyone,

I know Google likes websites that have lots of new content on them, but I wanted to know if instead of adding new content/pages to my website, I could just update the existing content. The thing is, I don't want endless pages of contrived content just for the sake of keeping Google happy.

What do you think?
    Update the page with unique and fresh content and then interlinked it properly. Google will rank the page for proper keyword soon for sure.
  11. No Profile Picture

An employee’s time information is automatically stored, eliminating the need for the time-intensive process of manually sorting paper records in an extensive file system. Data can be uploaded to your office computer from a handheld device - eliminating the need to decipher time sheets and making the process of storing and organizing payroll data effortless.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

New contents are always recommended, but there can be another way of updating contents as well. You should install a wordpress blog and should keep it updating with on the regular basis. It will surely let the search engine team send a crawler for your website.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jameer
    Yes you are correct you can just update the existing content. However, if your page isn't ranked well by Google for a long time then you look for new content rather updating the existing content.
    If your page is doing well you can update the content to latest and do small things to adopt the current Google algorithm changes.
    Yes i totally agree with Jameer :-)
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I even recommend new contents but with the same density set, you already own. If you think updating the contents can be beneficial for you as well, do not forget to fix it up.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

yes you can update your website pages content, but rewrite well and update it well. you have to really be careful and write unique content for your website pages.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As we know Google rules and what SE like or don't. As per content rule Google like to cache and keep new information in the databases.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can update the existing content. Do not forget to do the basic SEO for every new page.
  25. No Profile Picture

It is OK to update the exiting content regularly. The contrived content that is simply for SEO cannot make Google happy. The search engine like the one that is natural, original, readable, etc. that is in good user experience.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Updated and fresh content is what Google's looking for
    Taking You Forward - BPO Services Philippines | TYF, Inc. - Call Center Jobs
  29. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Yes you are right...by doing any site updations will be realize the Google. The Google will expect this from us...
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo