1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Does it make a differen if contect is in 1 big page or spread in 5,6 different pages?

Hello;

In SEO world, does it make a difference if the content (12 thousand words with all keywords and phrases) is all in 1 big page OR spread between 5 pages (each an article of 2500 words)?

Thank you
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Each page can only be optimized for a limited number of keywords and key phrases, so it seems that more pages is better. More pages is often more user-friendly too, as long as the navigation to get to them is clear (e.g. has good information architecture).
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

In general I think the answer to this depends on what keywords you're targeting. what type of article you're writing etc and the number of words in your article.
    I doubt anyone will spend time reading a 12k word article, unless it's a novel or something similar. In general I like to keep my article between 600-1000 words. Beyond 1000 words visitors usually tend to lose interest. So even 2500 might not be a good match. I'm talking about general terms here, you might have a special case.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, you can do it but how you will design the page as it going on-page factors.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is no doubt: is much better if you divide your big article on more smaller ( min. 300 words).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo