1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Effect of domain name in title

Dear Experts,
    What is effect of putting domain name in title, how it affects overall site performance in search engine?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

As far as I know there is no effect at all. Keywords in domain name are not that important anymore after the latest algorithm changes by Google. However it's still good to have a keyword rich domain name.
    Title should have your main keywords, but you shouldn't stuff keywords and repeat keywords unnecessarily.
  5. No Profile Picture

Effect of domain name in title

I would say it matters less. EMD i.e Exact Match Domains and hyphenated domains are not the way to go if you are looking to build an authority website. Not anymore at least
  7. Contributing User

I'd rather like to know the OP, what made you think of using your Domain Name into the Title of your website?
    If you are planning to brand your website using the domain name into the title tag, then it'd be a good idea. BUT, if you are doing it from an SEO perspective then don't expect anything in return.
    Lets consider an example of this forum, if you visit the index page (http://forums.devshed.com/), you'd see that it has a title Dev Shed™ Forums, this not only helps with branding but also works are pointers that how Google should refer to the site.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Before EMD update It was working but after EMD update it's no longer working, Google introduce EMD update to fight with such types of spamming.
  11. No Profile Picture

it had effect before exact domain update...in past times it gave authority in google point of view..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo