1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How EMD update affects websites?

Recently Google updated its algorithm to penalize exact match domain websites. I have a website named as software developers. but I Target for other keywords like web designing, seo, mobile apps related keywords. Also i build quality back links to my site. also, i have another site with single keyword on our domain name. but it appears Top of SERP for other keywords which i search any query with my domain keyword? for ex: i have my my domain name with keyword like software. When i search for other keywords with software also it appears on top. But i dnt build any back links to this site. Will Google penalize these two sites? If so, what are the ways to recover from penalization?
  3. No Profile Picture

Recently there are lots of articles publish about this EMD, I have gone through some of the post. I think Google will not give any more importance to the Domain which is made through (by Exact Match Domain). I am looking forward how to come out or recover from penalization.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Hi mobapps,

As far I read from various resources, Google Penalized and constantly will penalize only "Low Quality" or "Spammy" Exact match Domains. Low quality Refers, using content of others and posting it on your website without linking to the original site link and poor quality back links. Recovering from EMD is Time taking process. Remove all scraped content and Low Quality links from your site. Keep posting fresh contents on your site. Build quality links for the post and use social sharing buttons to get shared your content and increases Trust of your website
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, EMD update aims at removing all those exact match domains, which spammy or of low quality either with poor link building or with poor or low quality content, so if you want to save your site to get penalized from this update,Visit Here might help you in taking precautions
    Last edited by swapnil7; October 17th, 2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: error
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Not possible

No not possible, but somewhere if your website uses black hat seo technique.
    To stop penalizing yourself from Google try to use your own content on your webpages.stop getting link from low quality and Spam website.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Recover your website from EMD updates

- update unique content on your website
    - Branding your website by directory submission with high PR ( Only selected directory)
    - Make your social media profile strong
  13. No Profile Picture

EMD updates affect's websites, which have keywords in the domain name.If your domain name looks like a keyword, then your website will not get ranking in SERP due to EMD update.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

If articles of good quality are added on such domains then it wont be considered as spamming. The content must be unique and must have a good amount of information. This will help a lot in ranking these blogs properly.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo