Google Algorithms Update!!
Hey i like to know what you have experienced after Google update "Penguin Algorithm"..
After google update, many of my keywords ranking in the search engine went down! Some totally lost ranking.
Originally Posted by kevin smith 619
If i share mine than there is no change in my ranking and traffic
Last edited by steveschmidt85; May 14th, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
Apart from the latest Google penguin update, Google algorithm changes for local search follows below points.
New Google Policies and its Local Ranking Factors:
1. Your physical website address matching/listing the city where you're located.
2. Manually verifying your ownership of the company's Google Places page.
3. Having proper category associations for your page and citations.
4. Having a large number of "traditional structured citations" for your business (on sites like Internet yellow pages and local place aggregators).
5. Having your address listed on your company website, and make sure that address is crawlable.
6. Having a well-ranked (PR) company website.
7. Having high-quality inbound links to your company website.
8. Having your phone number listed on your company website, and making sure that phone number is crawlable.
9. Having an accurate local area code listed on your Google Places page.
10. Having your city and state listed in the page title for your Google Places landing page.
The items listed above can be treated as a checklist for establishing bare minimums for local search optimization.
June 12th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Looks like a lot of this has changed ?
It seems to have gone to Google + Pages.
June 25th, 2012, 01:06 AM
After Google's update, on my keywords ranking haven't any effect. But after update, I have done some changes on offpage activities.
June 26th, 2012, 02:32 AM
I haven't seeing any significant change in any of my websites. Unless you are using black hat techniques I guess you don't have to fear much.
June 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
In my site ranking havenít any effects after Google's Penguin update. But after update I have very careful about my contents and backlinks.
June 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
It show people are having lots of difficulty while optimizing website as per new update. They don't know what to do now. Noting is working to them. I think the best thing to compete the google algorithm update is to get direct traffic from different source. The social media optimization will be the alternate option for this.
June 28th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Penguin Update was and is very powerful update followed by Panda Update. Like that of other Google Updates, Penguin too has some flows and some innocents site get in the line of fire and some culprits get escaped easily. I am seeing many sites performing well after Penguin update that have paid links and/or using keywords links on the websites they designed and developed. Which is not natural linking as per Google Guidelines
Getting natural link is very difficult if you are going to follow Google Guidelines. And you may never know when Google Algo. will treat your links differently with next update version.
So, now a days SEO is really a difficult job and you can not survive if you are only dependent on Google as your traffic source. Gone are the days when one website can give you wealth and business. You have to make backup plans as you may never know when you get in the line of fire. But its really an agony that SMO is not useful for all industries to get lead converting traffic and other search engines really don't send much traffic too.
August 14th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Penguin is about "unnatural link" removal for your site. Remove links which provides negative impacts on your site.
August 16th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Google is updating its search engine algorithm to help copyright holders better protect their works by ranking Websites lower if they've been reported on the copyrights of others.
The move comes as part of an evolving method to better protect copyright holders from having their content reused by others.
August 16th, 2012, 05:41 AM
As per my experience after penguin update site ranking is automatically decrease.But this happen only the sites which have duplicate content or use the Black hat SEO techniques.And If your site contain duplicate content then Penguin update decrease your site ranking or your site may be penalized.
August 17th, 2012, 02:51 AM
AFAIK Penguin update was all about link spam not for the duplicate content issue. Only those sites go penalized which have spammy links.
Originally Posted by morganlong
August 17th, 2012, 03:14 AM
After Penguin Updatemany businesses were decimated by Penguin, just like Panda before
* Many businesses were decimated by Penguin, just like Panda before it. These sites wonít recover the organic traffic and rankings they once had unless they do some cleaning up and reinvent their online marketing strategy.
*Travel Sites Need to Get Serious About Inbound Marketing.
*Looking at online marketing as just PPC and SEO isnít enough anymore. In a post-Panda and Penguin landscape, sites need to be better than that.