1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Gradual decline in rankings over 6 months

Hi, I wonder if someone might help me - you never know, to you, the answer to my problem might be obvious!

My website, Recommended Family Holidays.com, has gradually been going down in rankings, visitors & Google crawling over the last 6 months (my busy period for holiday businesses) & I don't know why. I even tried employing an "expert" and they couldn't improve my positions either & couldn't come up with any sensible suggestions other than redirecting urls to landing pages from "paid" advertisers pages - the only reason being that these pages rank better than the ones they were trying to work on below?

I have various landing pages by country with appropriate keywords for example:

holidays-in-england: UK holiday cottages
    holidays-in-wales: Wales holiday cottages
    holidays-in-scotland: Holidays in Scotland
    holidays-in-ireland: Ireland holiday cottages
    holidays-in-france: Holiday cottages in France

For these landing pages & keywords, I am at minimum listed 250 & some just are not listed in the top 500 for Google - I don't know why.

I have checked with Google under the "reconsideration" & there are "no manual spam actions found", I haven't made any major changes to the structure, content nor changed the urls for any large portions of the website as suggested per their email as possible reasons (I think it is a standard email).

I didn't know whether or not the problem lies with the structure of my page? For example having a large photo? But then all of my photos are optimised. I don't do keyword stuffing & have never been anywhere near a link farm for fear of being penalised by Google.

If anybody could give me any ideas it would be really appreciated as to be honest, I am completely out of ideas.

Many thanks if you can help me.

Lucilla
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by lucillapaull
    Hi, I wonder if someone might help me - you never know, to you, the answer to my problem might be obvious!

My website, Recommended Family Holidays.com, has gradually been going down in rankings, visitors & Google crawling over the last 6 months (my busy period for holiday businesses) & I don't know why. I even tried employing an "expert" and they couldn't improve my positions either & couldn't come up with any sensible suggestions other than redirecting urls to landing pages from "paid" advertisers pages - the only reason being that these pages rank better than the ones they were trying to work on below?

I have various landing pages by country with appropriate keywords for example:

holidays-in-england: UK holiday cottages
    holidays-in-wales: Wales holiday cottages
    holidays-in-scotland: Holidays in Scotland
    holidays-in-ireland: Ireland holiday cottages
    holidays-in-france: Holiday cottages in France

For these landing pages & keywords, I am at minimum listed 250 & some just are not listed in the top 500 for Google - I don't know why.

I have checked with Google under the "reconsideration" & there are "no manual spam actions found", I haven't made any major changes to the structure, content nor changed the urls for any large portions of the website as suggested per their email as possible reasons (I think it is a standard email).

I didn't know whether or not the problem lies with the structure of my page? For example having a large photo? But then all of my photos are optimised. I don't do keyword stuffing & have never been anywhere near a link farm for fear of being penalised by Google.

If anybody could give me any ideas it would be really appreciated as to be honest, I am completely out of ideas.

Many thanks if you can help me.

Lucilla
    Check with the reports on what your experts have worked on. Check with the links coming to your site manually. Check which of them are coming from spam sites or sites that have no value. Remove those links, build some quality backlinks and then again add your website for reconsideration.
  5. No Profile Picture

After analysis of your post, one thing which came across my mind is that quality of backlink suffers in whole process of optimization. This is the reason why website observe decline in the ranking.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your site might be hit by any update, go for site analysis and find out the reasons behind gradually ranking loss, last few months Google updated frequently and lot of sites get hit by Google.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First remove entire non-related and un-natural links and if you are not able to remove any links then use Google disavow tools. Donít stop your SEO activities but continue it with quality content. Start health checking and Give 404 error if page not available. Today nobody has ideas to recover from Google penalties. Hence continue quality work and generate quality backlinks. If users are interested in your website then you will get ranking automatically.
  11. No Profile Picture

As you know that Google frequently updated their algorithm and other things which affects those website who are not aware of updates. First you review your back links which are found in Google Webmaster tools. Review all back link URL and separate it with industry specification. Find website which are not fit with your niche, not opened URL, not found anchor text. After doing all this things add website for reconsideration.
  13. No Profile Picture

this look that you got penalties from panda or penguin check quality of backlinks you workers have done.
  15. No Profile Picture

You need to optimize the website regularly..Take a good notice of keywords. Always remember- 'Keyword is the King'
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by swayam
    You need to optimize the website regularly..Take a good notice of keywords. Always remember- 'Keyword is the King'
    only keywords? what you mean?
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by fortion
    only keywords? what you mean?
    Not only keywords, everything including good quality back links,content,etc.
    But one should give stress on keywords, especially while choosing them.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by swayam
    Not only keywords, everything including good quality back links,content,etc.
    But one should give stress on keywords, especially while choosing them.
    what you think about keyword density in postS? more then 2 or 3 is harmfull or not?
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by fortion
    what you think about keyword density in postS? more then 2 or 3 is harmful or not?
    For major keywords, more than 3 can be used
    but for minor keyword, 2-3 is sufficient..
  25. No Profile Picture

You have to check manualy for your backlinks and have to remove low quality links.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo