1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Need help with SEO of site please

I have this http://www.capetownlodging.co.za/hol...n/paarl-farms/

I have these keywords in the url, the title, h1 and I get no results when I google "holiday accommodation in paarl farms"
    I am not sure what happened to google, nobody else has that in their title on the whole internet and Im not even there on first page. That url has been spidered. What am I doing wrong?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

There seems to be something completely wrong with your conception about the issue of Search engine optimization. Just Because you include a keyword in your URL does not guarantee that your site will rank somewhere in the search results for that particular keyword as soon as possible.

You mention that you are not even on the first page of Google. What does that mean? If your site does not show up anywhere in the search results why should it be on the first page?

Look even though making sure that your keywords are included in your URL is very important with regard to SEO, but you still have to promote that page if you really want to see genuine results. I hope that helps.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Those keywords are very competitive on google and my keywords are showing on there but just a bit too late because of hundreds of competition sites and my site is still new. What advice do you give on promoting a page like that. You talking article submissions or backlinks?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by bonechair
    Those keywords are very competitive on google and my keywords are showing on there but just a bit too late because of hundreds of competition sites and my site is still new. What advice do you give on promoting a page like that. You talking article submissions or backlinks?
    First, there is no instant results with regard to Search engine optimization. If you are targeting a highly competitive keywords, you can't expect that genuine results will come soon. It should take you months even year or never when it comes to getting a highly competitive term ranked on the first page of Google as you desired. That's why it is always better when you have a brand new site that you go after low or medium competitive keywords, since they tend to be much easier to rank.

You mentioned in your thread that you've already completed the on-page optimization. Your strategies now should be based on building back-links to that particular page. You can use link building methods such as Article marketing, web 2.0 property submission, press release, directory submission, social bookmarking etc...

It's up to you to determine which one of them best fits your budget.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi bonechair,

The keyword in which you are targeting is very competitive and your website has too many errors which stopping your website to coming first in the Google search result. some of the recommendation you need to do.

1. Change the Meta Title, never use domain name in meta title.
    2. Change the description, use only meaningful and attractive words.
    3. Remove the CSS errors and HTML errors.
    4. Shorten your page, provide all the data above the fold section.
    5. Use Breadcrumb navigation.
    6. Add content in the Pages.
    7. Reduce the unwanted HTML.

Hope this will work.

Comments on this post

• PeterSullivan agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo