1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Invisible text frowned upon by Google? Even get you banned?

I would like to use a few sentences of invisible text at the bottom of my page. This text would be the same color as the background, so it would be invisible.

I heard Google may ban you if you do this with keywords, but I would be using the same text content that's embedded in my flash content. I would like to do this because Google doesn't read my flash text.

Anyone know if Google looks at this as no-no? Will they ban me?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yes, Google does not like this and has "banned" many sites in the past for doing exactly what you've mentioned. If you want to keep that domain it's not worth the risk.

To get around it, add the text below, but make sure that it's far enough down so that it's not visible without scrolling for most users, but is still visible. Also, make sure that it's written properly an dis human-readable not just a list of keywords.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Originally Posted by Trent Boswell
    Yes, Google does not like this and has "banned" many sites in the past for doing exactly what you've mentioned. If you want to keep that domain it's not worth the risk.

To get around it, add the text below, but make sure that it's far enough down so that it's not visible without scrolling for most users, but is still visible. Also, make sure that it's written properly an dis human-readable not just a list of keywords.

I agree keyword stuffing is not a good way to improve your traffic, you must use only white hat techniques for increasing your website rank and traffic. You may highlight your keywords by changing there style or colour and by internal linking of relevant pages on those keywords.

Thanks & Regards
    Aria Evans
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In no case google will allow you to use hidden text (its against his policy) and he has right to remove any website from its index. Now google has started reading the text in flash you may try a google search and find how. But do not use hidden text to show the content on your page.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo