1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IS there a problem in my SEO or does Google take awhile to index?

Hi all,

I recently developed a web-site for a company which had the Domain name registered for a month or two with a default hosting splash page, before I switched the nameservers to point to the actual site on a new hosting provider.

I submitted my sitemap (generated with xml-sitemaps.org of course) into Google webmaster tools, 3 days ago for the site. The sitemap has over 450 links. I see in the Google Webmaster Tools sitemap section for my site, that Google has Indexed 5 pages. It's not a giant leap for me to think that Google skipped all the dynamically (url rewritten(.mod_rewrite) links), and only indexed the 5 actual pages that the site currently has. (The other 400+ links are generated with URL parameters, all based on the same 5 pages.) (Index, equipment, inventory, rent, sell, contact us).

Here's the actual line of info about the sitemap and my web-site from google webmaster tools page:

Sitemap: /sitemap.xml
    Type: Sitemap
    Date Processed: Dec 13, 2012
    Submitted: 484 links
    Indexed: 5

Is there a problem here, or do I just need to allow Google more time? Also, if you need to see the actual site URL, i'll PM it to you.

Thank you for helping me understanding this process.

Update: I search google for the site with www.example.com search term; I'm getting 3 results for my links.

example.com/, www.example.com/, and a random deep link in the site, www.example.com/category/subcat
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'd wait a few more days.

Google can't tell whether you're using mod_rewrite or not.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Since your website is very new, also you have just registered it so it is very natural that it will take time to index all the pages.
    Domain age also plays a crucial role in order to crawl, index and rank a webpage.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo