1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

SEO for Iframes (not the parent page)

I posted this question on devshed's sister site SEO Chat, but have not received much feedback, and also including it here.

I am developing a web application which other sites will embed into their site using an iframe.

I am not interested in the parent page’s SEO, but would like to improve the search ranking for my site (i.e. the src attribute of the iframe).

Assuming the content of the parent page is relevant to my site, will my site's ranking improve?

This is anagolus to YouTube. When a given websites includes an iframes to YouTube (not adding links back to YouTube), does it increasing YouTube's ranking to content in the given site?

Anything I could do from a programming perspective to improve it, or does it need to be manual such as requesting that if anyone embeds my iframe in their site, they include a link back to my site.

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Adding iframe code does not affect ranking very much. but make sure that your content should not be included in iframes because can not read iframes and taking link back is very risky thing in the current scenario, because link exchange is not excepted by google any more. so make sure that it should look like genuine.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Not all Iframes are bad, Google Maps is also an Iframes and some time its compulsory to add in contact us forums.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Thanks Peter and TechGeek,

I am not interested in SEO from the parent page's perspective, but only the iframe's URL.

Any thoughts from that perspective?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo