Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    How both SEO and SMO are different from each other?


    Can you tell me what makes these both different and which one is better than other to get more traffic?
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    11
    Optimizing for Social Media (SMO) is almost the same as the search engine optimization (SEO), the difference is that it's optimization not for search engines, but for social networking and blogs to attract traffic from there to a web site or form a community of interest within social network.

    From this point of view the optimizer uses other means, including creation of interesting "viral" content to optimize site for real people.
    The effectiveness of SEO and SMO also differs. Video service YouTube has on average more than 10-12 thousand pageviews conventional for English videos older than 6 month. It's much harder to achieve the same amount with SEO that is available for SMO-professionals who are using "word of mouth" in their blogs and social network akkounts. There are also some special services for SMO optimization.

    You can find more information at http://myidealhost.com/tutorials/Articles
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by sbsindia
    which one is better than other to get more traffic?
    Which leg is better for walking - the left one or the right one?

    Your question is equivalent to that one - to get more traffic use both.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    4

    Link Building is all about creating a well balanced mix of actions...


    Originally Posted by sbsindia
    Can you tell me what makes these both different and which one is better than other to get more traffic?
    ...I like that one comment about "which" leg is better to walk on...the left or the right...

    Just to play around with that example...What if one leg is a little bit shorter than the other? What if one is broken? What if for some reason you where born with just one leg...

    Ideally, you will have two perfectly working legs. Either you are blessed by nature and they work just like that or you will have to look for help...

    My suggestion, with all the possibilities out there and the importance to create a well balanced mix of actions when it comes to optimizing your site for different purposes:

    Get some help, because 9 out of 10 times you will not have the time and experience to handle everything yourself. In order to get your traffic up to the max you need to make use of the most current and state of the art measures available! This may mean investing a couple of bucks - but it will pay back eventually.

    That is how I've approached this question...

    ...and it is working out for me - GREAT!!!

  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    SEO is a great way to improve your overall Search Engine Rankings..

    On the other hand, SMO refers to the process of using Social Media websites to promote your brand or website..
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Re:


    As of me SEO is a part of SEM. SEM has two types of marketing technique, free one is SEO and paid one is PPC. while SEO is a free method to promote your website over internet. It is very helpful to generate maximum revenue from your website.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Dmitry Melnik
    Optimizing for Social Media (SMO) is almost the same as the search engine optimization (SEO), the difference is that it's optimization not for search engines, but for social networking and blogs to attract traffic from there to a web site or form a community of interest within social network.

    From this point of view the optimizer uses other means, including creation of interesting "viral" content to optimize site for real people.
    The effectiveness of SEO and SMO also differs. Video service YouTube has on average more than 10-12 thousand pageviews conventional for English videos older than 6 month. It's much harder to achieve the same amount with SEO that is available for SMO-professionals who are using "word of mouth" in their blogs and social network akkounts. There are also some special services for SMO optimization.

    You can find more information at http://myidealhost.com/tutorials/Articles
    a brief and good explanation regarding difference of SEO and SMO. Thanks mate
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    thanks for sharing nice information i have got an idea about seo and smo.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    SEO is the process of gaining traffic from ‘free’, ‘organic’ or ‘natural’ listings on search engines. It includes techniques like link building, directory submission etc.

    SMO, on the flip side, is the process of promoting your website on social media platforms. It includes techniques like social networking, social bookmarking submission, blogging etc.

    And about which one is better... it cannot be one of the two, it has to be both!
    When SEO marries SMO (we call it a perfect marriage), twins are born - High rankings and Huge traffic!
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    3
    It is not a which one is better question. You need to use both of them.
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    In my opinion SEO stands for search engine optimization which is a technique to improve website visibility for targeted keywords on search engines. But social Media Optimization (SMO) is an important part of online marketing. Social media sites like Facebook, twitter or linkedin are getting very famous and popular now-a-days. Through these sites, more people and customers will get attracted and the popularity of your site will increases. That's a little different between them.
    Last edited by hiker; December 8th, 2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: fake sig removed
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    4
    SEO = Search Engine, User.

    SMO = User, Search Engine.

    Therefore, both can bring huge traffic!
    Taking You Forward - BPO Services Philippines | TYF, Inc. - Call Center Jobs
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    SEO Is known as Search Engine Optimization, In SEO we can optimize the search engine and SMO is Social Media Optimization where we can optimize social media .
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up


    Originally Posted by sbsindia
    Can you tell me what makes these both different and which one is better than other to get more traffic?
    SMO is an advanced thing of SEO...by this we can get more traffic to our website..SMO concepts like E-Mail Marketing, Social Networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Linked In....
  28. #15
  29. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    3
    Originally Posted by John dale
    As of me SEO is a part of SEM. SEM has two types of marketing technique, free one is SEO and paid one is PPC. while SEO is a free method to promote your website over internet. It is very helpful to generate maximum revenue from your website.
    Really that is Seo is free marketing promotion technique. If we can use seo technique properly I think we no need to use any paid promotion technique. That's why I am telling this if we can reach on top of various search engine then automatically we will receive huge amount of traffic.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo