Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face Is it true? Google no longer Recognizes <meta> tag content?

Hi,

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Heard from my hosting company today that Google and all the other search engines no longer recognize <meta> and the content in it. I was very surprised, is that true?

Thanks a lot.
  3. Contributing User

From what I understand meta keywords and description tags have been deprecated by Google (are used less than they were before) for page rankings, but I would put them in any way. Google isn't the only search engine - you know.

example search engine still using meta tags
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Glamtastic
    Hi,

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Heard from my hosting company today that Google and all the other search engines no longer recognize <meta> and the content in it. I was very surprised, is that true?

Thanks a lot.
    Yes, it is true that meta data are not important for search engine’s ranking but they are still important to increase CTR (Click Through Rate) from SERPs. Hence never ignore them to add for the webpage.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They are not as much important as they used to be.

Nothing new really, it's been like this for years.
    Last edited by freak.inside; September 19th, 2013 at 04:59 AM.
    All generalizations are false, including this one. Free hosting
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Still meta tag is most important for search engine because Google fetch title and description for SERP.
    Freelance to India - A creative Web Design Company
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Now there is no google update about meta. Still Meta tag is most important for google because Google fetch title and meta description for Search Engine Result Page.
  13. No Profile Picture

Now there is no google update about meta. Still Meta tag is most important for google because Google fetch title and meta description for Search Engine Result Page.
    Yes, I agreed. There is no Google updates about meta title, meta description. Google fetch title, meta description for SERP. Don't ignore meta title, meta keywords, meta descriptions.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Smile

Yes, you heard right, now search engines not giving much priorities to meta data as much as before but they will still important to increase Click Through Rate from SERP. SO i suggest you to use it in your site if you want to be on SERP.
  17. Contributing User

From what I understand meta keywords and description tags have been deprecated by Google (are used less than they were before) for page rankings, but I would put them in any way. Google isn't the only search engine - you know.
    This is absolutely true. Ranking now depends more on Content of the website and blog. But we should not forget that we have other search engines also who recognize meta for ranking websites. Google alone is not used everywhere while searching data on the internet.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Glamtastic
    Hi,

Thanks a lot.
    Hi Glamtastic, I just make a correction that Google is not considering the Meta keywords any more. But other Meta factors like Meta Title and Meta Description are very important. They got the special weighted.

searchmetrics.com/media/documents/ranking-faktoren/download-ranking-factor-study-2013.pdf
  21. No Profile Picture

It's ok, google is not only one search engine in world but google is best, But i am using meta tag i am using in my all blog because with out meta description what will show in google search under my url.
  23. No Profile Picture

But it is good to use meta tags for your site.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KevinJohnson
    Still meta tag is most important for search engine because Google fetch title and description for SERP.
    Yes that`s true , so you just keep putting them in good quality as you always used to do.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

I don't think
    Google itself has a guidelines for meta tag so how can he not give importance
    as we know Google is not only a search engine there is many more so it is important to add meta tag in your website
  29. No Profile Picture

yes, Google has stopped giving importance to meta tags. Though many webmaster feel that google fetches meta description and place it under Url.
    But that's not correct instead google uses the phrases of the paragraph from the page which matches user's query string.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo