1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Want to increase traffic on my website

Hello,

I am the webmaster of hiphopnext.com it is opening tommorrow and i want to find the best way to increase traffic on my site. Does anyone know of any really good ideas?

Thanks
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Good SEO and interesting, regularly updated content.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. Retired Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by skpullano
    Does anyone know of any really good ideas?
    Yeah - posting a link to it on a huge site like Dev Shed
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Good SEO and interesting, regularly updated content.

what does that mean?
  9. Retired Moderator

SEO = search engine optimisation. Take a look at www.seochat.com and you'll find loads of information. You need to make your site search engine friendly, so that it gets picked up by the spiders and people can find it by searching.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

I moved this thread to the SEO forum. Cheers.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I had a look at your site which is looking pretty good...

Just a few things though...

I noticed you have a link taking people into the site which is same colour as background, maybe this is just for demonstration purposes but if you have this sort of thing within your site I would remove it, search engines can detect this and it doesn't go down well

On your signature on this site include a link to your website with the keyword that people would use to track down your site...for example search engine but obvioulsy substitute your values in there.

Exchange links with me my site will eventually sell rap and hip hop ringtones plus we have a forum...maybe you could get involved with the forum (vbulletin) ??? PM if interested

Your title should include the keywords that you hope visitors would search for...I know yours may be your site slogan but I would consider changing it if possible...can someone verify that this suggestion about the title is right first?

I see you are selling mixtapes too, I would advise that you target your local market, apparently this is easy to do and will allow you to get a good ranking when people search for new york mix tapes or something like that, you would have to do some research to find out if people are searching for things like that though, check overture's search term suggestion tool perhaps

and that is about it for now..if I think of more i'll let you know

don't forget to PM me
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

use a traffic exchange like http://www.navlem.com
  17. No Profile Picture

Smo

Hi skpullano,
    Now a days Social Networking[Social Media optimization] is best way to get the huge amount of traffic for own website. You should increase the followers and fans page like. You regularly update the content and share our updated news in front of whole world.
  19. No Profile Picture

There are many ordinary methods, but the only method could help you is "traffic from Google search engine". If you want conversion then you have to be more specific and understand the basic Google tactics.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo