Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Marketing: What to focus on 1st?

Hey guys,

My dad runs a dental practice in Manchester, UK. I am new to Web Marketing but am very interested in learning and have offered to put a marketing plan together and help him implement it.

Can anyone advise me on what the top 2 forms of marketing would be to focus on 1st for this type of business, to provide the quickest, sizable result in traffic to his site?

Many thanks for all your answers in advance,
    J
  3. No Profile Picture

You can do this without creating a website. write a good & attractive description for your father's business and do classified submissions for it. Search some of local listing and register there your business with contact number, address.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey guys.. dont think I explained properly.
    My dad has a website for his business up and running.
    Just need to get more traffic to it..
    What are the first couple of key marketing techniques to focus on? Any advice?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by emma_johnson
    You can do this without creating a website. write a good & attractive description for your father's business and do classified submissions for it. Search some of local listing and register there your business with contact number, address.
    Hey guys.. dont think I explained properly.
    My dad has a website for his business up and running.
    Just need to get more traffic to it..
    What are the first couple of key marketing techniques to focus on? Any advice?
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I really like Web Marketing. It is great way to increased traffic on any website. For web marketing you can find many articles, tips and tools from online.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

Plenty of things can be done

Hi Josh,
    I think the first thing you should do is get it listed in Google places and get some nice reviews for it from clients. The more keyword rich the reviews the better.
    Then submit it to directory listing sites and especially in local directories.
    Then do some on-site optimization and make sure search engines know exactly what it is about. This isn't that hard to do and wont cost you a fortune.
    Next you can think of creating pages for multiple keywords. For example a separate page for various dental service provided by your father.
    Creating a Twitter and Facebook account and engaging with users is also a good idea. Check out how to increase twitter followers for some more details.
    Additionally you can do things like press releases, creating a blog and adding posts for some extra traffic and authority back links.
  13. No Profile Picture

First you should see where is your product market and what kind of market trend is running and then visit the market to see and learn the rules and regulations, sources and marketing procedure.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by emma_johnson
    yes classifieds can help you and you don't have to spend money on the website..
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey joshj,

You might want to take a look over on our sister forums at SEO Chat (http://forums.seochat.com/search-engine-articles-59/). Check out the stickies in various sections, read some threads, ask some questions. You'll get a ton of great information.
  19. No Profile Picture

hi Josh,

You can perform SMO activities, this thing really help you a lot in getting high traffic. For SMO activity you can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by monika.v
    hi Josh,

You can perform SMO activities, this thing really help you a lot in getting high traffic. For SMO activity you can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
    yes make a page on social network Facebook that will surely help you a lot..
    Last edited by dhussey111; August 18th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture

yeah social media pages helps alot specially in the matter of shops work. Post pictures and as you said it is dental clinic post dental health care tips on your social pages. Join local health forums. Mostly forums have the facility where you can post the forum about your clinic services. Get a good logo design. These are just basics there is alot more things by applying that we can achieve traffic to our site.
  25. No Profile Picture

As per my opinion you can use off page and on page SEO techniques to marketing the site.
    Now a days social media is famous for marketing.It helps you to promote your site.It gives Information to others about your dad's business.
    You have to attach proper information About your dad's business and website to your profile and share it to public that will help you to get good traffic.
  27. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I do agree with you. But not 100%. For more visibility on site SEO is also necessarily.

Originally Posted by monika.v
    hi Josh,
  29. No Profile Picture

As your father's business is local as per me local google places(now its google local pages) can help you most. For local businesses it works best
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo