1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is that Google wants to create a monopoly in Search Engine competition?

I think Google wants to create a monopoly in Search Engine competition.
    According to Google What is a superior site. I chase all the guidelines whatever it will ascertain in Webmaster Guidelines. But still I am not able to get acceptable Rank. Actually I think Google is just making it harder for the small business Owners to get good ranks. Forcing them into Google Ads to get more and more hits.
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Originally Posted by mobapps
    I think Google wants to create a monopoly in Search Engine competition.
    That is the aim of every darn search engine company, not just Google. In fact that is the aim of any business in this world.

According to Google What is a superior site
    I use google because I like their choice of "superior site" in general. If I didn't like them, I would use another search engine. But for the last several years, I like the results that it produces and will continue to use them.

I chase all the guidelines whatever it will ascertain in Webmaster Guidelines. But still I am not able to get acceptable Rank.
    Maybe your site is not as "superior" as you think it is. Or perhaps your site does really suck bad. What makes you think that you deserve to be ranked higher? Did you pay google to do so? If not, give me one GOOD reason why you think you deserve to be ranked higher.

Actually I think Google is just making it harder for the small business Owners to get good ranks. Forcing them into Google Ads to get more and more hits
    And this is a bad thing because .... <fill in the blanks here>?

Believe me, if it stops stupid SEO types from commenting on my blog with a "Great post, lots of info <link drop here>" type posts, I'm all for it. I've literally spent the last two+ years making my blog a great resource in its category and it ranks high in google for several keyphrases in its category. Not that I care, because the blog was a labor of love that I worked on in my spare time as a hobby and each post takes me about 1.5 to 2 hours to write (over 270+ posts, so you can do the math about how much time I've spent on it). What irritates me is stupid SEO types who claim to be "ethical" and simply try to get a link from my blog to their lame websites.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture

[QUOTE=Scorpions4ever]That is the aim of every darn search engine company, not just Google. In fact that is the aim of any business in this world.

If you see in organic search result some of the website they donít fulfill all guidelines but they still have ranked higher.
    You donít think so day by day Google has forcing them to move for paid option.
    If you donít mind can I see your Blog url.
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you see in organic search result some of the website they donít fulfill all guidelines but they still have ranked higher.
    What guidelines? Google has a very broad list of suggestions, but this is in no way even a small fraction of their entire ranking algorithm.

I believe that yes, Google does want to make money off paid advertising. After all, that's the basis for pretty much all of their revenue. I do not believe that they are forcing the "little guy" to pay for advertising just to get in the results. If you spend time and do your SEO right you'll get there - eventually. It does take a lot of time and a lot of effort, and after that a lot of administration (getting rid of un-wanted SEO SPAM links as Scorp has said before.. annoys me as well).

You still haven't said - Why do you think that your site should rank higher? What have you done that the others didn't do? What have you done better then everyone else? Give us some reasons.
  9. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    So what? Put yourself in the shoes of a user who knows nothing about SEO at all (which is about 99% of the internet users). As a consumer, I don't care who fulfills what guidelines as long as I get results that seem relevant to what I'm searching for. That is what matters to me and keeping the consumer happy is what Google is aiming for.

You donít think so day by day Google has forcing them to move for paid option.
    Again, put yourself in the shoes of the 99% of the internet users who know nothing about SEO. If I'm such a user, why should I care if Google forces people to move for the paid option or not, as long as I get relevant results. In fact, I might trust people who pay to advertise more -- at least it shows that they're serious about their business, unlike fly-by-night hucksters who attempt to manipulate algorithms.

Something that a lot of SEOs don't understand is that as a consumer, if I see a website advertised on media like TV, magazines or billboards, as well as on the internet, I'll be far more likely to buy from it. There's a reason I'll buy (say) printer cartridges from amazon.com instead of buy-my-cheap-cartridges.com. Why?? Because when I see amazon.com paying to advertise, it shows that there's a certain solid nature to their business and they won't simply overcharge my card and fail to deliver. Would you trust amazon.com or buy-my-cheapo-cartridge.com yourself?

If you donít mind can I see your Blog url
    If you're truly interested in the specialized subjects that the blog deals in, you'll probably already know about the blog, as it is often quoted as an authority all over the web (I get linked from countries all over the world and there are even people translating some of my posts into other languages).

If you simply want to look at the blog with a view to figure out if there are any secrets to search manipulation, you'll be sorely disappointed (and don't get me wrong, you sound like the kind of chap that only wants to see the blog to see if there's any special techniques I'm using). All that the blog has is real information about topics that I'm interested in and my readers are people who are interested in the same subject. It's real content, not some cheap cut/paste from some other blog or wikipedia entry.
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; October 3rd, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Scorpions4ever
    Again, put yourself in the shoes of the 99% of the internet users who know nothing about SEO. If I'm such a user, why should I care if Google forces people to move for the paid option or not, as long as I get relevant results.
    I have clearly understood your points.
    I am doing SEO work more and more frequently in one of my website but still I am not getting acceptable rank. (In my website everything is genuine and good, except some minor error Ė that is incurable). When I compare to the competitors site, they get higher ranked.
    I have a deep analysis to competitor site but still I havenít seen any difference, if I am unable to point it out why they get a higher rank, Could you Guys suggest me where I am lacking or Which area I have to focus more.
  13. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

When I compare to the competitors site, they get higher ranked.
    What EXACTLY have you checked? There's only a few 1,000 variables that go into Google's rankings for each keyword/keyphrase combinations.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Of course Google wants to be in a monopoly situation. Who does not want the same thing?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo