1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Break a long document on multiple pages: yes or no?

Right this moment I'm finishing an update for my site that consists of a long review of a product (more than 10,000 characters). On other sites, I used to break these editorials on multiple pages, but I found myself with hundreds of html pages (are simple static sites.) Now, for convenience, I am tempted to put the whole review of a single, long, page ... but, I wondered, for the purposes of indexing and ranking, which is the best solution, in your opinion and from a purely practical point of view... Visitors prefer to read everything on one page or having to click 2-3 times to advance to the next page?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think you should add entire review on single pages but just add function to expand review when user want to read it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

If its a review of a product I think it's best to keep it in a single page. What you can do is make it more readable by breaking it into paragraphs, sub topics etc. For very long articles I tried link to section using HTML, thus making it easier for users.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

We have to be user friendly and if a user reads a few lines exposed to him and then he gets interest to read it then he/she could go on the next page or read more option of it, positively. Search engines are also user friendly and they provide accurate information to them through their proper indexing.
  9. No Profile Picture

In my point of view content is more important compare to web pages because if a user comes to your website and he/she interested in your content definitely they will stay on your website. Your content should be relevant to the topic and informative so user can get more involve with your website.
  11. No Profile Picture

If your website is providing the review of anything (Product, Place, thing) then I suggest that you should provide all the information in a single page but also you have to consider that all the information comes in a single page. Most of the website are using similar review format. Which I like most. Example
    (A) Product Name:
    (B) Description:
    (C) Price
    (D) Specification:
    (E) Review
    (F) Image

Write your review by giving proper heading this will help user to read your review easily. Also you can add people to comment for user engagement in your website.
  13. No Profile Picture

Ideal review

A review should ideally be on one page. But given the extreme length of your review, I think you should use multiple pages.

What can make it better and easier to understand is that you provide a summary on the first page and then write the rest under separate headings. Provide the links to all these headings in a list under the summary.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo