1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Steps for organic SEO

Does the below list represent the most important steps to ensure high search engine ranking? Should I not worry about some of them, or do other things? I am a little fuzzy about the steps where I included a question mark (?), and would appreciate any elaboration.

I recognize that providing relevant and interesting content, determining the perfect key words, and getting others to link to your site will be the difficult part, and I am not at this time asking how I do these three tasks.

Thanks

• Make sure you site is relevant, interesting, and novel to the traffic you which to attract, and don't hide the content using iframes, Flash, JS, etc.
    • Make sure your site is properly structured.
    • Determine the optimum keywords and key phrases.
    • Use these keywords within your meta data (title, description, and keywords), header tags, inward links, breadcrumb trail, alt tags, content, and filenames, however, don't go crazy. Include a few very important ones on all pages to create a general theme.
    • Chose an applicable domain name and use the appropriate extension.
    • Try to get other sites to point to your site ideally using your keywords in the link.
    • Validate your site.
    • Use CSS to separate content from presentation?
    • Be sure your site is set up to accept spiders and caching is optimized so it is crawled?
    • Use 301 redirects whenever a page name or extension is changed.
    • Submit your site to the various search engine sites and submit a sitemap?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Are Google's algorithms and rules 100% known to the public? Do they change over time?

My attempt at creating the list in my original post was to outline the likely most important rules.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks jesontailor1,

Yes, I had already done that.

What about my original list. Did I get the jest for improving ranking?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Organic search results are where your website ranks on its own in the search engines without ad payments. There are steps that needed to be followed to get the site listed in the search engine. The algorithm is set by the search and is constantly changing to avoid spamming and to get the best quality website listed in the search results.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by calegerard
    There are steps that needed to be followed to get the site listed in the search engine. The algorithm is set by the search and is constantly changing to avoid spamming and to get the best quality website listed in the search results.
    Thanks calegerard, You indicate that there are steps that need to be followed to address the algorithm which is constantly changing.

What are those steps? Did my original post address some of them? Should I add other steps or remove some of my steps?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A couple more to add to the list...

• Don't use illegal characters in the URL and remember that anything after the ampersand # will be ignored by the search engine.
    • Use hyphen, not underscore to separate words in the URL.
    • Rewrite URL to be all underscore.
    • Use a subdomain which is a keyword and not www
    • Use as many keywords in the URL as possible. For instance, use http://store.mysite.com/bikes/road-bikes/schwinn-flyer#top and not http://www.mysite.com?id=123
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NotionCommotion
    Use CSS to separate content from presentation?

Be sure your site is set up to accept spiders and caching is optimized so it is crawled?

Submit your site to the various search engine sites and submit a sitemap?
    Here are the explanation for above three sentences for which you are little fuzzy.

Use of CSS for the website is good because it helps to decrease the loading time of the website because CSS will load once when visitor/user request to visit the website as well as it is stored externally in place of within HTML file which reduce HTML file size.

This means that you have to create robots.txt file to control over webpages to crawl or not by search engine's spider.

There is no need to submit the website in diverse search engine because when it finds new website or any new content on the website it will automatically index your website/webpage in search engines. If talk regarding to submit sitemap then submits two sitemap for website one is html and another one is XML sitemap.
  15. No Profile Picture

There are several steps that take place in the process of organic search engine optimization. These steps may begin even while a website is in the planning stages and continue throughout the life of the website. While there are distinct advantages to starting your website SEO efforts before your website ever goes live, it's never too late to start an organic SEO campaign. The steps include:{/p]

Keyword research. Keyword research is the process of selecting words and phrases that members of your targeted website audience might use when conducting a web search. The goal is to target the keywords and phrases that will generate the most traffic that are not yet so competitive - millions and millions of results are returned for those keyword phrase - that despite your best website SEO efforts you website has little chance of getting top placement in the organic search results. Unfortunately, many website SEO efforts begin with just selecting keywords to target without researching their popularity and competitiveness. Additionally, the popularity and competition levels of keyword phrases changes over time, so it helps to revisit your targeted keyword phrases from time to time.
    SEO copywriting. SEO copywriting involves creating content for your website that centers on the keywords you've targeted.
    On-page optimization. This step involves optimizing the code, text and the anchor text used for hyperlinks throughout your website. for your search engine optimization campaign will bring the audience you are targeting for your website. See Search Engine Optimization Tips for some of the organic search engine optimization techniques you may be able to do yourself.
    Link building. In organic SEO, link building is the process of finding other places on the web

- like blogs, other websites on topics related to yours and online directories - that will link to one of your website pages using the search engine keywords you've selected. Incoming links are important to strengthening your organic search engine rankings, especially for keywords that are highly competitive.
    Other website promotion techniques. Additional website promotion techniques, such as blog marketing, article marketing and distributing online press releases can also help build links to your website, thereby improving your organic search engine optimization rankings over time.

Things You Need to Know About Organic SEO

There are several things you need to know about website SEO from the organic search engine optimization perspective, including:

It is possible to over optimize your site. If the search engines suspect you are trying to "game the system" it can result in getting your site penalized in the organic search engine rankings. In fact, some tactics, known as "black hat SEO", could result in getting your site barred from the organic search results completely.
    Unlike paid search marketing, the results of your organic SEO efforts may take time and you need to be patient.
    Even if you succeed in ranking well for your targeted keyword phrases, there's no guarantee that searchers will want to click through to your site or stay once they arrive. Your site needs to be a worthy destination that's related to the keywords you've targeted.
    Don't overlook conversion optimization when working on an organic search engine optimization campaign. Once searchers arrive on your site, you'll want to take the necessary steps to follow through and make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, register, or whatever other desired action you have defined for your visitors.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo