1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Meta tag of redesign website

Hi
    My Old website is Ranked for Many 2 Phase keywords, in that website there is Very Less optimization has been done as per the standard practice guide of Title tag 56 chars and and even not installed meta tag for every page of website.

Despite of that search engine crawl metatag from relevant content of Home pages, now we will go to change the website home page, and old home page content will not anymore in new website only in home page.
    So Question is
    Did I to need create the Metatag according to best onpage practice or put SERP metatag which is display in Search Engine result page(SERP) , which is already rank well.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

If you made any changes in website you have to resubmit your website to webmastertools .you can add metatags to each web page.pls do canonicalisation for your pages.
  5. No Profile Picture

If you are going to change the website design,

Then I suggest you to write a fresh new meta description and title, also do proper optimization before making your website live.\

Because when google crawl your website next time. It will consider all your seo factors before indexing your new website.
  7. No Profile Picture

Agree with chrismorgan12, If you are redesigning website then make changes to your meta tags. Optimize meta tags perfectly, this will definitely help you to rank in Google.
  9. Contributing User

Yes you need to create the meta tags to best onpage seo practice that can surely make a great difference in your SEO results.
  11. No Profile Picture

A very simple answer of your question:

Whether you're changing site design or porting site to another cms firstly you've to make sure what is your current ranking in search engine? If meta tags already well written then you shouldn't bothering to change them.

Meta tag is what tells search engine and visits about your page/product and services. If meta tags are missing then you'r site is not professional.
  13. No Profile Picture

Since you are redesigning your home page it is better to write a new meta tag title and description.
  15. Not An Expert

Alright - there's a variety of responses here. I'm closing this thread for now. PM me if you need it opened again.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo