1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website incorrectly flagged as "malware" by Google

My website is currently marked as "harmful" by Google ("This site may harm your computer").

After some investigation, it appears that the problem is not on my website, but for all websites that are subdomains of "e.free.fr":

https://www.google.fr/search?q=site%3Ae.free.fr

All these websites are completely different and independent, but it seems that for Google they are all the same.

This is really detrimental to all the community using my website, and probably for all these other websites improperly flagged.

Please what can I do? (Buying a new domain + hosting is not an option.)

Thanks
  3. Headless Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Did you notice that the "This site may harm your computer" message is a link?
  5. No Profile Picture

Yes, I know how to click on a link, thanks.

As I explained previously, my website was not hacked. I already contacted Google, with no result.
  7. No Profile Picture

Some clarifications. As I understand, it seems that Google considers all subdomains of a subdomain as the same website, which is obviously not the case.
    So if some website a.b.free.fr has a problem, all the websites *.b.free.fr will be flagged as harmful.
    I tried to inform Google about this but with no success.
  9. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

I'm assuming that some free hosting service. Even if you got things cleared up, the next time some hacker decides to use that service and gets it flagged again you'll have the same issue.

The best way to ensure such a thing doesn't happen again is to have your own domain. It's not that expensive to do. Hosting can also be had for pretty cheap, maybe free even.

In any event, there's nothing you can really do about it other than appeal to google and hope they take your domain off the list eventually.
    If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  11. No Profile Picture

Do you know how can I appeal to Google? I've send a message via the dashboard but with no effect. Only robot replies.

Our current website URL is already written in all our communication.
  13. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

If you look at the help message from clicking the link it explains how you appeal to google.

Basically you have to register your site in their search console app to prove your ownership of it, then you can submit a review request from within there. Eventually it'll be reviewed and either cleared or not. I'd expect that it'd probably take some time for that to happen though (ie, days to weeks).
    If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  15. No Profile Picture

This is what I've done. Three times.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo