Thread: 405 Error

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

405 Error

I'm getting the following when I try to execute my html form and cgi program is the SSL environment. Can anyone shed any light on this. I'm a newby to SSL. Everything was going fine until I tried to get my shopping cart program to work on our host's SSL account.
    ===========================================
    Method Not Allowed
    The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /spydevicecentral.com/cgi-bin/display_order.cgi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.12 Server at securewebserver.com Port 443

===========================================
    Is this a file placement problem, a permissions problem (which I was told was fixed by chmod'ing 755 to the directory and files), or the nature of an SSL account? No one I ask at my host seems to know. I really need to understand what SSL can/can't do. Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Canta como rafaé

It seems to be a limit

Maybe your hosting service has limited POST to that directory. It's an httpd.conf directive.

If you can override the default settings, you could get it into work. Talk to your hosting provider.
    Thrasher

'Y se ahogaron los dooos
    No eran duros pa pagar, cuñaaoo !!'
    El vagamundo - El risitas y su cuñao
  5. No Profile Picture

Yes, finally found out that my host does not allow POST in their implementation of SSL. It would have been nice if their tech support could have told me this from the start. Without POST capabilities and the fact that you can't run a file in the SSL environment except for 2 CGIs which they have sanctioned, don't know why anyone would want to use them for e-commerce. Company is Webhosting.com.

Thanks again for responding.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Canta como rafaé

I'll take note of webhosting .com. But there are a lot of hosting companies that restrict access to some functions.

The best way to go is having a set of scripts in order to check what funcionalities they offer. Use them in a trial period and don't believe everything they say.

Hint: the best thing to do if you will make the web in PHP is uploading the first a <? phpinfo (); ?> and get their config.
    Thrasher

'Y se ahogaron los dooos
    No eran duros pa pagar, cuñaaoo !!'
    El vagamundo - El risitas y su cuñao

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo