1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for a way to authenticate a user on a ASP page and check for that authentication every 5 min and do this on all pages in a selected area of a site by Pages, I am looking to do this from a personal user list not the same as NT authentication, would like to have this list in an Access or SQL Database. This will be cross platform Win9x, Win2000 using IE 5 +.. Please Email me. Thanks.

Cory.henderson@cox.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

You can set the forum to E-mail you when someone posts a reply to your message, BTW.

What you want to do is handle the authentication in an include file, store the username and password to a session variable after it is entered, set your time-to-expire to 5 minutes (I think you can do that in Global.asa, worst case in the server settings), and server-side include the authentication include file in every page you wish to remain authenticated. If you want to also disallow someone from viewing a page for greater than 5 minutes, you could include a <meta> tag that refreshes the page every 300 seconds.
    Michael

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo