1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CGI/HTML Form Login

Please can somebody tell me a way of allowing HTML form-based cgi-login, that uses .htaccess priviledges. I'm getting desperate!!

Is there really no way of loosing the nasty grey boxes, whilst maintaining .htaccess control ?

Thanks very much for any advice,
    Ben.
  3. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

My answer giving a couple of different options, including one that would have worked beautifully on reflection, was deleted due blackfrancis' answer on this thread here:

CGI-based login
    which, in case he deletes it, was

Look, presumably there are people that have skills in certain areas, and they will respond to forums devoted to those areas in particular. This problem overlaps several areas of expertise, and therefore I have addressed it to several groups of people.

I'm sorry if this offends you, but I think it makes perfect sense and if you dont like it you can stick it where the SUN don't shine, you cheaky f*k.
    Good luck! Perhaps you should think before you post next time.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Do you have nothing better to do xyzzyzXy?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    Maybe you aren't aware of a few things of how public forums work. First X-posting is ALWAYS wrong, there's never an excuse. If you think it covers more than one topic, tough, choose one.

Second, when you go someplace for free help, expect to be told when your behavior is outside the norm. If you don't like it, then go somewhere where you can PAY somebody to put up with your unappreciative attitude.

Third, everyone offering help is here for free. Maybe they enjoy helping others, maybe they look for new and interesting problems to solve. Whatever the reason, they won't help someone that has an attitude, life's too short.

So what if someone is a little rude? (which freebsd was not in his response to you AT ALL... believe me, he can be VERY rude) You're here asking others for help, they're NOT HERE TO SERVE YOU! If you want help for free, you better learn how to take it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo