October 25th, 2011, 11:39 AM
hello there, i am doing information security,well in my cryptography class teacher give every one projects to do and i need help regarding it.
1. I have to decide project title yet.
2. I don't have cryptography knowledge.
3. I have to implement project in software or any other way in the class to satisfy teacher.
4. I don't have the grip on any programming language.
Please help me, give me suggestions what should i have to do.
October 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
October 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
October 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
- You have a cryptography+programming project for this class
- You know nothing about cryptography
- You know nothing about programming
You have four options. In order of effort required:
1. Drop the class
2. Keep the class and fail
3. Keep the class, start studying really hard, and forfeit the project
4. Keep the class, start studying really hard, do the project, and hope for a decent grade
October 25th, 2011, 03:30 PM
what about simulation software's i can perform cryptography on it, is it possible to perform any algorithm on simulation software?
October 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
i will go for option 4 for sure.
Originally Posted by requinix
October 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM
i really need to do something please show me the way, i will be very thankful to you.
October 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
You have to do something about points #2 and #4. Start learning. Come back if you have questions or once you've learned enough that you understand what the project is supposed to be about.
October 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM
i have some knowledge about cryptography but not good enough to do any kind of project, i am curious about any project which i can do without the programming ?
i have some project in my mind
1. public key cryptography.
2. SSL/TSL protocol : how it works.
3. MD5 attack: the attacks against MD5 hash function.
4. light weight cryptography
can i demonstrate any of them in software which not require programming.
October 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Is it really necessary to make a demonstration?
Perhaps you can do a literature research project. For example, you could read up on various attacks against RSA, and write a paper that describes the different attacks, how much resources are needed to carry them out, how practical they are, what can be done to protect against them, etc.
You could learn quite a lot, and no programming is necessary.
October 30th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Demonstration is must to satisfy the teacher otherwise i only get 2 or 3 % of score
Originally Posted by mah$us
November 11th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Now i am doing research base project
Topic is : the attacks against MD5 hash function
need walk through examples to prove the attack
please help me i will be very thankful.
November 11th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Google for "evilize md5" ...
November 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
it require c language to implement but i need to perform without the use of any languages please i really need assist.
Originally Posted by leszek31417