Basic Cryptography Concepts:
- Why Cryptography is Harder Than it Looks
- Security Pitfalls in Cryptography
- Cryptography is not Security
Simple Encryption Algorithms:
- Definition by RSA Security
- Symmetric/Private Keys
- Asymmetric/Public Keys
- Kerckhoffs' Law (Security Through Obscurity)
- Block Ciphers
- Stream Ciphers / PRNGs
- Confusion and Diffusion
Advanced Encryption Algorithms:
- Substitution/Ceaser Cipher
- Pig Pen Cipher
- Rail Fence Cipher
- Solitaire Cipher
- Vernam Cipher (One-Time Pad)
- Vigenère Cipher
One-Way Hashes / Checksums:
- AES / Rijndael
- Definition of a hash
- RIPEMD-160 & RIPEMD-128
- Analyzing and Breaking Ciphers
- Block Cipher Attacks
- Linear Cryptanalysis Demo
- Man in the middle
- Side-Channel Attacks
- Databases of Papers:
- Cryptome -- The biggest public cryptography paper database. Contains almost every imaginable paper, including declassified government documents.
- Bruce Schneier's Paper Database -- Bruce Schneier's personally compiled (large) database of important cryptographic papers.
- AES Competion (Purity Noise) Tests
- Crypto Conference Papers -- A list of all papers that have been submitted at three different cryptography confrences: Crypto, Eurocrypt, and Ches.
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Handbook of Applied Cryptography -- A free ebook that provides a nice introduction to cryptography.
- A Computational Introduction to Number Theory and Algebra -- The title says it all.
- MIT cryptography course -- These are the compiled notes from a couple noted cryptographic lecturers. They used these notes to teach a summer course on cryptography at MIT from 1996-2001.
- Communication Theory of Secrecy Systems -- A paper by Claude Shannon that analyzes cryptography from the standpoint of number theory. It's where the "confusion and diffusion" (see above) principle was born.
- LANAKI's Crypto Course Lessons -- A series of articles explaining the concepts of encryption and security.
- An Overview of Cryptography -- An overview of cryptography and a look into real-life modern programs.
- Basic Cryptanalysis -- An overview of concepts involved in cryptanalysis.
- PKCS #5 v2.0 -- A cryptographic standard for using user-specified keys in encryption.
- Energy, performance, area versus security trade-offs for stream ciphers -- An analysis of various tradeoffs and performance (dis)advantages stream ciphers have, with emphasis on hardware implementation.