1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ECKS-PS algorithm: searching in encrypted data; bilinear maps

Hi there,
    I have found an encryption algorithm named ECKS-PS (published in a paper named 'efficient conjunctive keyword search on encrypted data storage system') that allows an user to search in encrypted data. All the steps are described here: img210.imageshack.u s/img210/4644/eckps.png
    And I have written them a little bit more clear here: img801.imageshack.u s/img801/3373/stepsecksps.jpg
    I have tried to find a calculation example of finding two words multiple times (see calculations: img4.imageshack.u s/img4/474/firstpagecalculations.jpg and img805.imageshack.u s/img805/8712/secondpagecalculations.jpg) but I never get a match.
    Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong and/or provide me with an example where you get a match (based on the ECKS-PS algorithm). I know there may be other algorithms to search in encrypted data but I would like to know how to do it with this algorithm.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sorry about the 'urls' but I needed the images to explain
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You wrote that you found this algorithm -- where?

I think it will help if you can cite a reference -- a paper, or a website -- so we can see the definition of this algorithm.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi mah$us,
    Thank you for your answer.
    The source is an published paper that I found in my school library (In Proceeding of European PKI Workshop: Theory and Practice (EuroPKI) 2006 , LNCS Vol. 4043, pp. 184-196, Springer-verlag, 2006 (SCIE). The definition of the algorithm can be found in my first link (img210.imageshack.us/img210/4644/eckps.png)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo