Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

You ask:"The first thing is have some idea of how good the code is; is it worth pursuing? "

You have to assume that an attacker knows exactly how your system works. You also need to assume that he can guess a short part of the plaintext -- say the opening few words.

From these two sources of information, could the attacker recover part of the key and from there proceed to solve by trial and error?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by gonzago
    You ask:"The first thing is have some idea of how good the code is; is it worth pursuing? "

You have to assume that an attacker knows exactly how your system works. You also need to assume that he can guess a short part of the plaintext -- say the opening few words.

From these two sources of information, could the attacker recover part of the key and from there proceed to solve by trial and error?
    I assume attackers will have my source code. Why not? Anyway, I"m going to put it all on line as soon as I've cleaned it up.

Even if the attacker had part of the text, say it was a long essay about nuclear capability or something, and knew words that would be there, wouldn't matter. Once the bytes themselves are scrambled on the bit level (by the usual XOR, ROR and ROL but also by my schemes which are different), that knowledge is no use.

NOW, my problem is: I don't know how to prove this.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo