Thread: Hide URL

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hide URL

Hello Dev Heads!

I'm building a site using PHP and MySQL on IIS 5.0 (I have no choice!!!). I'm looking for a way to stop people accessing parts of the site by entering in the URL or a URL of a sub dir or other page.

People must access the site from a certain location only (postNuke) and the link is only displayed in postNuke if they have a certain level of access. I was thinking that I would wright a get link from postNuke throwing a value that is checked by the index of the site I'm trying to hide. This is fine for locking out the front page but doesn't protect the other pages by way of URL access.

Is there any tricks here I could use, or is PHP sessions the only way to go...

Thanks y'all!
    Stuart
    ******************************************************************************
    fear is the reason anything bad happens; a fearless person is less likely to live a long time
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

In case anyone was interested:

I did throw a $var link from out of postnuke which was picked up by the other website and accepted as a valid user in sessions. If anyone tried to access the URL and they didn't have sessions which could only be gained through the $var thrown out of post nuke, then they were told to go to postnuke and try form there.

Problemo solved.

Schart
    ******************************************************************************
    fear is the reason anything bad happens; a fearless person is less likely to live a long time

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo