Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

This has been discussed a number of times in the perl forum, you can get to a number of useful threads starting from this one, which are relevant to pretty much any scripting language.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

maytricks, I'm sure you mean well, but your approach is not likely to curtail the pattern of abuse of power that allows a conceited, inept administrator to yank anyone's thread on a whim and make it disappear into the oblivion of some completely irrelevant forum.

How curious that when it was moved from the "Lounge" forum, where it never belonged, a link to it's new location was posted, but when it was uprooted from it's home, the PHP forum -- where anyone that was interested in the thread would look for it -- it just vanished without a trace.

The answer to your question . . . originally I just pointed out that there was no reason to move the thread to an irrelevent forum, in an attempt to allow the discussion to continue unimpeded. I admit some selfishness -- I was interested in the thread. But, I had the distinct impression that others were as well. ". . . how is that helping anyone?" It was intended to help everyone that was interested in the thread by preventing it from disappearing, and to help revive Jpenn from his delusion of grandeur. If I fell short of the ideal then, I'm afraid, I fell short of the ideal. Judge for yourself.
  5. Always Spell Chek
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I always mean well, and no, I will most likely not make a difference in this issue either. I just want to help, that is why I come here an volunteer my time to help people, and so that others may help me if needed.

This is not a personal battleground no matter what the issue is with administrators. I am sorry, but I am sticking to my guns, if yo-u have a problem with an admin, please PM them or post it in the lounge next time. Please dont feel the need to do so on a thread that was really booming.
    Programming is easy. It's the thinking that's hard.

Search the forums before you ask your question.
    PHP | MySQL websites. Visit them, read them, cherish them.
    Read the posting rules, before you post.
    See if your question has been answered already.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Do you think it would have continued booming after unceremoniously disappearing into the "Lounge" forum?
  9. Always Spell Chek

Yes, I think there would have still been some positive contributions after it was moved. Most people use the e-mail notification system so it really doesn't matter where it is moved.

Since you can't be a big enough man and drop the issue, I will. Pick a fight however you would like, I want no part of it. I dont have a problem with anyone on this board and I dont want one now. You win, you are the man, you are right, we should all shut up. Good going.

11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You seem to be more well informed than I; I was not aware that most users used the email notification system. I myself do not, as I could not bear the burden of the email that would flood my mailbox as a result of participating in these forums. I will certainly have to take the fact that most users use the email notification system into account in the future. It's fortunate that you let me know that, I can't imagine how I could have found that out.

As for the other part of your post, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't follow your train of thought.
  13. Always Spell Chek

You seem to be more well informed than I;
    For once I agree with you.

I was not aware that most users used the email notification system.
    It is on by default and most people never turn it off. If you run a few vbulletin websites, look at the admin logs or user settings once and you will notice that more leave it on than turn it off.

It's fortunate that you let me know that, I can't imagine how I could have found that out.
    I don't know what your background is so I cant speculate whether or not you would have realized that, but none the less you are welcome.

As for the other part of your post, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't follow your train of thought.
    I knew you couldn't just leave it alone, you dont have the type of personality to walk away on even ground. I was conceding to try and get this thread back on track, but you wont let that happen, forcing yet another reply.

I am sorry that you feel the need to get a rise out of people. You can play dumb and say you dont understand, but you are so transparent it is easy for anyone to see that you just like to pick fights.

If you want to continue this, PM me, dont waste other peoples time too.

15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ahhh, I see: you like to respond when someone publicly addresses you, but you prefer that they not have the opportunity to respond in turn. A simple idea. Hypocrisy is so quaint in this age though. Perhaps you've forgotten that you took the initiative to post a message addressing me personally? As for what you are "forced" to do, if you are so weak-willed as to be controlled by another person that is hardly my responsibility.

mote eye rafter own
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

-{ im dumb }- ignore this
    Last edited by Sotonin; April 27th, 2003 at 10:14 PM.
    -Sotonin
  19. Always Spell Chek

Originally posted by Sotonin
    jesus christ man, shut the heck up.
    Wow, this was almost 8 months ago man, your post was not needed.

21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

somebody linked to the post in a recent article. guess i didn't check the date. lol =)

was reading it and got fed up with the endless arguements, heh
    -Sotonin
  23. Always Spell Chek

Yeah, I dont like to argue either, but sometimes when the moon is full and the tides are right, you just can't help it

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo