1. meester luva luva
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

securing an ASP site hosted on win 2k server

Ok, I am building a site that needs to be secure. I have professional (shared hosting), with various components installed.... does anyone have any experience using asp security components?

I am looking to use either asp secured

http://www.asp-programmers.com/what-is-aspsecured.asp

or a program like it. My question is: is this secure enough? it will also be integrated into a payment system... does anyone have any better solutions of this type, or recommend a completely different type of solution that may be more secure. It does not matter about the price as this is a major part of the site budget (within reason)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Just a kid
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

TIP: For the payment system, Use SSL(If you have access to it). It is a tiny bit slower, but worth it.
    Last edited by LavaCube; March 8th, 2003 at 04:41 PM.
    [ lavacube ]

My Personal Site[greyDistortion]

PHP version: 4.3.8
    MySQL version: 4.0.21
    Operating System (OS): SuSE Linux 9.1
    Apache version: 2.0.50
  5. meester luva luva

Yes we do have SSL, I did not think it was necessary as we are using paypal/ccbill - I thought they did the SSL thing for you? Am I wrong?

You reckon something like ASP secured will do the job for stopping non-members access then?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Just a kid
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Oh, Well if you're using PayPal. That's fine I guess.. I don't have much experience with ASP, So I don't have many answers.

But after reading all of the things this ASPSecured can do, It looks like a decent script and/or program. Since you said that price doesn't matter, it looks like it would be great for your site. Although, Sometimes with paid products it isn't really worth it because it has little control over the configuration.

TIP: If you have PHP access, Check out this page (http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...oupware_Tools/)
    and if you see something you like. Try it, Normally things on this site are free. If you still don't find any information or a different script and are still unsure of what to do, Go to the ASP section of the forums (http://forums.devshed.com/f51/s)
    Last edited by LavaCube; March 8th, 2003 at 09:31 PM.
    [ lavacube ]

My Personal Site[greyDistortion]

PHP version: 4.3.8
    MySQL version: 4.0.21
    Operating System (OS): SuSE Linux 9.1
    Apache version: 2.0.50
  9. meester luva luva

thanks for the advice lavacube. We do have PHP access on the hosting, but I would rather not use it. However, I will check out the link you posted. Can I use PHP security linked to ASP pages?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo