1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem w/ Security ?

A couple days ago my friend was at my web site and we were talking on AOL Instant Messenger (no i don't use AOL) and then he just shut up. I kept asking what he was doing, and then he said that he was editing some SQL variables. I thought, "Geez, I really need to get a password on that thing."

He wouldn't tell me what he changed either. Right then I shut down the serv (Apache) and MySQL and put in the password. I don't know if shutting down the server reset the variable or not, because he wouldn't tell me what he changed. He said it was a session variable for my forums, so I think it may have. ?

I use phpMyAdmin and WinMySQLAdmin with MySQL, and I don't know how to check what he was editing. Any ideas?

It doesn't appear to have any affect on the site, just curiosity is KILLING me...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Maybe you need different friends

If a person changed something on my website and wouldn't tell me what was done, they would quickly become persona non grata.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Well, he was just playing around, and besides, I found where the logs are. So now I'm about to know.

phpMyAdmin had only been *installed* for about 2 minutes...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo