1. No Profile Picture
    rubbish in javascript
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

ssl problems with ie on mac

Hello

my server admin uses ssl to secure all server admin tools and phpmyadmin. i'm using ie 5.1.6 on macintosh os 9.2 (the newest ie for mac) and bascially every page on the server gives me an error....

"Unable to establish a secure connection to "oursite". There is a problem with the security certificate from that site (the identity certificate name is not correct)."

which is proving a bit problematic as i'm using phpmyadmin. does any one know how to correct this as the help desk for my host are useless!

a+
    gar
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

if you only need it for phpmyadmin, donīt care.
    download from http://sourceforge.net , install it into any of your websites and run it there.

did you check the security settings concerning SSL in your browser?
  5. No Profile Picture
    rubbish in javascript

mmm its not me whos set up this ssl , its the server admins, if i had my way i'd just use .htaccess files to restrict access and do the logins.

i've checked ssl settings on my browser but since i'm unfamiliar with ssl, i don't know what is broken that i'm trying to fix, if you get me?

the phpmyadmin is already installed, again by the server admin, as you can guess this is server space we are renting so we can't install phpmyadmin ourselves! its very frustrating because phpmyadmin is the only way i have of looking at the database.

a+
    gar
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes, you can! (install phpMyAdmin)

just put it into a dir that is php-enabled and served over http. phpMyAdmin is no program nor does it need admin (root) rights. itīs a set of php-scripts that only need a php interpreter to run. so it is even mostly platform independent by nature

just put it where you have other .php pages that are accessible via standard http.
  9. No Profile Picture
    rubbish in javascript

yes but this is not the problem anyway the problem is the ssl script and how to fix ether it or my browser so that i don't get these alerts all the time!

a+
    gar
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

which ssl script?

to fix your browser, see in "Internet Options".
    I only worked with the MAC version of IE like 2 or 3 times and i remember the configuration was completely different from Windows.
    For Windows, i have this long, scrolling list with options (checkboxes). there is one that says "check for expired certificates". disable it. also disable "check for revoked certificates" and "check for publisherīs revoked certificates"
    Enable: "Use SSLV2", "Use SSLV3", "Use TLS1.0"

all options are called probably slightly different since i only have a german IE and i translated this myself...

did you find these options?

M

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo