February 17th, 2003, 06:16 PM
SSL configuration and The Firewall
I am currently working on figuring out our first Secure Socket Layer. I believe I have set everything properly when it comes to the configuration file. I will describe our problem and give some details on the hardware set up.
1. we link into the secured folder on the server. hardcoded https.
2. on arrival our little padlock shows. But within a second we are bounced out of the secure folder with a file cannot be found error.
3. there is a firewall between the net and our server.
4. we are using OpenSSL on an Apache server.
5. we have created our own certificate and key.
The one explanation I have found thus far is that SSL and Firewalls do not work together at all.
Am I mistaken?
If this is not the case could someone please give me a clue as to where I have to start looking to rectify this problem.
RossDog (I'm into HTML, not security)
February 18th, 2003, 12:13 AM
SSL uses port number 443. Check whether your firewall blocks this port.