1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Browser based game

Hi.
    We are a team and would to develop a browser based game.
    A very general description of that game:
    Every player have a city, army and economy. Cities can fight among themselves.
    We are experts in PHP, Java, hibernate, database design.
    We are not sure of choosing technology to this project, but we have an idea how to implement it:
    The frontend would be in php, but in this game should be an engine (probably writen in java), that is running on server and makes every one second calculations on fight's (if they are between cities), resources extraction and many others.
    And here is my question, is this java engine a good idea ? For example, player A is atacking player B. A php script is executed and the forces of player A are going to the city of player B. They will arive in 1 hour. When player A and player B are away from keyboard , there must by a computation that calculates every 1 second, if the army of player A is arrived city of player B. The computation calculates in every second the resources extraction or check's if any other player is attacking us. In general we would to start a thraed writen in java, that calculates economy, resources, attacks and many other every 1 second or any other period of time. Is our thinking good ? Is it computational possible to make calculations every one second for 1000 players ? Sorry for my English.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

your idea is good and your team will be good but i want to know is your game release or not and one more thing i can join in your team if you have no problem i can give you more creative information in your game..
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    your idea is good and your team will be good but i want to know is your game release or not and one more thing i can join in your team if you have no problem i can give you more creative information in your game..
    i hope you will get the going when the going of your game is ready for the mass market and for the general public.
  7. No Profile Picture

Probably it's good thought.If you work hard and soul your success will be come.Therefor you need to work hard to make this game.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo