1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Client/Server Application in Windows

I am trying to create a client/server application in windows. Basically its very simple, get data from a local port and pass it to a website/hostname over the internet and vice versa. I am having a difficult time trying to find out where to start and which lang to use. I also need to have a gui in which there are fields to enter in the local ip and port as well as the ip/hostname and port to where its connecting to. Can anyone provide me a skeleton or where I can start off from?

Thanks
    kihtap
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You need to decide on what language and framework you are going to use.
    For the server, any web server would do I'd imagine. And you would most likely use a web service for that which the client would consume.
    Last edited by lazy_yogi; September 9th, 2005 at 11:42 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Typical applications include:

* CAS Simulator - complete simulation of any CAS protocol
    * Intrusive / Non-Intrusive T1/E1 Testing
    * Performance monitoring and testing of multiple site locations from a single client
    * Shared use of T1/E1 test equipment from multiple client locations
    * Automated factory testing on production lines
    * Simultaneous testing of high capacity T1/E1 systems through a single Client
    * Integration of T1/E1 testing into more complex testing systems
    * Collection of call records from remote locations based on signaling (SS7, CAS, ISDN, etc.)
    * Simple modifiable scripts to run each and every G.168 tests
    * Monitor, report, and record alarms at various sites every two seconds or as they occur
    * Detect and report DTMF/MF/MFC-R2 digits on channels as they occur
    * Perform BERT on selected timeslots involving multiple paths simultaneously
    * Remote Protocol Analyzers (requires separate license) can be integrated with Windows Client
    Server to remotely analyze SS7, ISDN, GR303, V5, HDLC, and Frame Relay protocols

----------------------
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

C/C++/C#, Java and Python are all good language choices for this. You'll have to learn sockets programming for the first two, the rest have their own quirks. Python was designed from the ground up for exactly what your trying to do.
    I no longer wish to be associated with this site.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo