1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Designing a web platform - Need suggestions

As a project manager a project has been assigned to me which is e-commerce platform where people can order food online from web/mobile and orders are routed and managed to respective restaurants. Restaurants have access to a panel to manage orders routed to them.

Now I want to know :
    1. What considered a good technology stack. Should we stay with LAMP or should we integrate it with more robust applications like Java/.Net

2. Can PHP be a good choice for back-end programming of the core platform?

3. Is there a standard way to validate the proposed architecture?

Thank you all
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by emir84
    1. What considered a good technology stack. Should we stay with LAMP or should we integrate it with more robust applications like Java/.Net
    The best "stack" is the one that your team knows and can work in. There's no point saying "must use LAMP/Java/*insert any other tech in here* if your team doesn't know it.

2. Can PHP be a good choice for back-end programming of the core platform?
    yes it can be. PHP is good ofr server-side work, as much as you see a lot of people rubbish it. The good points are the it's normal;y quick and easy to produce the code. The bad parts are that because it's easy, it's also easy to produce bad code, so it's going to be up to your team to make it work well.

3. Is there a standard way to validate the proposed architecture?
    Against what standard? Different languages will have different validation and testing methods. Your team should already know how to use these sort of things as I'm sure that you would have done testing and/or validation on your previous projects, haven't you?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo